Direct Auto Insurance Online
If you own any kind of vehicle, you are required to carry auto insurance in the United States. Each state carries a different set of requirements for the minimum amount of insurance you must have. Many drivers are encouraged to buy more than just the minimum state-mandated requirements. There are various plans available to cover different types of coverage needs. With the advent of the internet, direct auto insurance online has become a popular choice for many consumers looking to save money. It’s also made shopping for the lowest priced policy a lot easier.
What to Consider When Buying Coverage
When you find yourself looking for car insurance, you may be overwhelmed with all the different options out there.
Getting the right type of policy and coverage amounts is an important decision you should carefully consider.
You have to think over things like:
- How much liability coverage you need to protect your finances
- How high your deductible should be
- How you want to buy the coverage itself
- What insurance company to choose
Many people have trouble deciding whether they should go with an agent, or if they should buy auto insurance direct. There are a lot of reasons why people typically prefer to buy coverage direct. Let’s go through the pros and cons and then you can decide for yourself.
What Exactly is Direct Car Insurance?
Direct car insurance means that you are buying auto insurance directly from an insurance company, without the help or aid of an insurance agent. It is typically really easy to buy car insurance this way since all you have to do is access the internet and apply for rates through a licensed insurer. There are numerous direct providers like Hammer Insurance that can get you covered for a lot less than most agents and brokers.
When you apply for free quotes over the web, you will need to give some personal information to the carrier. This includes the VIN of your vehicle, your ID and license information, along with the coverage amounts you need. You also need to give the information on other drivers who will be added onto the policy, like a child or spouse. After receiving your quote, you can compare prices from several insurers and choose a policy to buy if you’re ready.
What are the Advantages of Buying Auto Insurance Directly from the Insurer?
There are definitely some advantages to purchasing car insurance direct. This is why it’s become so popular in recent years. Some of the main benefits include:
- A convenient process. You will be able to shop for vehicle insurance coverage from the comfort of your own home, on your own time, and without feeling hassled or pushed by an insurance agent. Plus, you have the ability to compare quotes across multiple insurance websites, before making your final decision.
- Potential for cheaper policy rates. When you shop online, you can compare rates quickly and find the best deal. You can get rid of the middleman by getting direct coverage quotes and typically save over $400. Those added fees and commission agents normally get can be waved and you then end up getting a much cheaper policy.
What are the Disadvantages of Buying Car Insurance Direct?
While there are plenty of advantages to think about, there are some pitfalls that some vehicle owners may find to be a bit problematic. Here are a few things to look out for when buying direct:
- You may not be able to find answers to your questions. Sometimes purchasing auto insurance is confusing and you might need some guidance. It can be difficult to find answers on your own without the assistance of an experienced agent.
- You might not end up purchasing the best coverage. Since you’re on your own, you might choose something that is against your best interests. Independent insurance agents understand exactly what you need and how you can obtain the best and most relevant coverage for your vehicle. If you do not buy enough coverage, it could hurt you in the long run if you get into an expensive at-fault accident. This is why it’s so important to educate yourself as much as possible before buying any policy.
- You will have a hard time getting rid of sales calls and marketing messages. This means your email box may be full of messages from numerous insurers for a long time. Since you are submitting your personal info, along with contact information, many insurers will use this to try and close the sale.
- You might not get discounts you qualify for. Some sales agents might be able to pull some strings and offer you a better rate than you’d find online. Insurance agents have been in the industry a long time and might be aware of some hidden promotions or discounts for you to take advantage of. For example, if you insure more than one car, an agent can assist you in a bundled plan that can save you a lot. Also, if you are adding a teenage driver onto your policy, you may be eligible to get lower rates through a sales agent than on the web.
It’s clear that there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of buying a policy direct. Although many drivers choose to buy auto insurance online, there are also a lot of reasons for going with an agent. Ultimately, the decision is yours based on your comfort level and ability to navigate insurance sites.
Choose the Best Option for You
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to purchasing automobile insurance. If you find yourself having a lot of questions that you need answers to, perhaps you need to consult the expertise of an insurance agent. But if you feel comfortable with purchasing coverage over the web and saving money is important, the direct route probably makes more sense. Whether you choose an agent or you want to buy car insurance online, the choice is in your hands.
Apply now for a free Hammer Insurance quote and compare the cheapest direct auto insurance rates online.